We are recruiting ambitious people to support the delivery of our bold Digital Transformation strategy – a vision to digitally enhance our student experience and extend the international reach of our research capability and expertise.
Browse job vacancies, find out what we can offer you and how you can make a difference if you work for us.
Our Digital Transformation strategy
Digital transformation will play a crucial part in helping us harness expertise in research and education to help tackle inequalities, achieve societal impact and drive change. Culture, community and impact will be at the heart of everything we do.
If you join us, you will help us use digital technologies and data to:
- provide better learning and experiences for our students
- provide learning opportunities around the world
- enhance our research to tackle global challenges
- improve our infrastructure.
If you are looking for a challenging role that makes an impact on society, make your next career move the University of Leeds.
What we offer
We are a large and diverse organisation – with more than 9,200 staff from more than 100 different countries, and one of the largest employers in Leeds. We offer a range of generous benefits for our employees, which include:
- 26 days holiday plus approx.16 Bank Holidays/days that the University is closed by custom (including Christmas) – That’s 42 days a year!
- generous pension benefits and maternity, paternity and adoption leave
- flexible working opportunities – not every job needs to be in the office 5 days a week
- IT provision and support when working from home
- access to a vast selection of professional learning opportunities, including over 16,000 courses on LinkedIn Learning
- extensive self-development programme, including courses run by our Logik Centre
- a range of wellbeing services, including discounted healthcare
- a raft of offers for shopping and leisure
- travel discounts and sustainable Cycle to Work scheme
- on-campus childcare facilities.
Ways of working
The University’s approach has been shaped by a number of principles, including enhancing the student experience, supporting research and promoting staff wellbeing. These principles reflect the diversity of people and roles across the University, and help us to build flexibility and increase inclusivity whilst ensuring the University’s needs remain at the heart of our practice.
We know many of us would like to work more flexibly, and we are keen to support our staff, improving job satisfaction and wellbeing. While some roles in IT do require staff to work on campus, many roles offer the flexibility to split your time between campus and working remotely. The frequency of work required on campus will vary, and roles may have scheduled or flexible arrangements for on-site days/times, or a mix of both.
A significant investment
Our IT Service will play a critical part in the delivery of the Digital Transformation. That's why we've made a major investment of £76m over the next 5 years to deliver 2 major programmes: Digital Enablement and Be Safe.
These are significant and far-reaching programmes aimed at modernising our technology and improving our cyber security capability.
This scale of investment will enable new ways of working amongst our University community of staff, students and postgraduate researchers. It also provides a major investment in our digital infrastructure, digital processes and skillset.
What our employees say
Universities are amazing places full of ideas, creativity and inspiring people. All of that is coming together at the moment in a really powerful way...
I’ve been encouraged to develop my skills and career through training, mentoring and the opportunity to move between roles...
Life in Leeds
Leeds – One of the Best Places to Live (North and Northeast) – The Times and The Sunday Times 2021
Perfectly placed in the centre of the UK, Leeds is one of the country's largest and fastest-growing cities with a global reputation in business, culture and sport.
Our lively city centre is home to an abundance of museums, theatres, music venues, independent restaurants, bars and shops. Whatever your interests, there's plenty to explore – day or night.
Leeds is also well connected, nationally and internationally, with excellent rail and air transport links – so it’s easy to access our stunning Yorkshire countryside and everything beyond.
We’re proud of our beautiful campus. Just a ten-minute walk from the city centre, it offers fantastic green spaces and a range of world-class facilities, which include:
- The Edge sport and fitness centre
- an art gallery and art trail
- Leeds University Union
- onsite shops, bars and cafes
Take a look around campus with our 360 Virtual Campus Tour.